I am pleased to announce the availability of GeekoCFD 7.0.0. This release is based on openSUSE Leap 42.1, the new release of openSUSE based on the core of SUSE Linux Enterprise, and enjoys long-term support (and a beautiful artwork!).
GeekoCFD 7.0.0 also brings the following major changes:
- Updated features
- UEFI and secure boot support enabled on USB disk images and Live DVD (not virtual formats). This change may make the specified images unbootable on systems which do not support UEFI and secure boot.
- Updated packages
- Removed packages
- meshlab (no maintainer for the RPM)
- petsc (updated versions can be easily installed by users who need it)
- koctave3 (obsoleted due to dependencies on KDE3)
- MPlayer (replaced by integrated players. Use ffmpeg to build animations)
This offering is not approved or endorsed by OpenCFD Limited, the producer of the OpenFOAM software and owner of the OPENFOAM® and OpenCFD® trade marks. Alberto Passalacqua is not associated to OpenCFD Ltd.